2019 Summer Day Camp for Kids and Horses
Every year Summer Horse Camp is a hot ticket item! Kids will spend the week learning horsemanship and making new friends. Campers will learn how to care for horses as well as how to walk, trot, canter and trail ride. The culmination of camp is a horse show with awards for all.
- The cost is $325 per week, with a $50 deposit at the time of registration. Barrel Camp is $150.
- Camp begins the first week in June and runs through the first week in August.
- Camp hours are Monday through Thursday, 8am to 4pm and Friday from 8am until after the show and awards.
- Bring a lunch and a water bottle with a strap each day to camp.
Please email Amanda Gurley at email@example.com to reserve your desired week this summer!
A $50.00 deposit is required.
We are currently accepting applications on a first come first served basis.
- We offer online payment for your convenience with an additional $10 fee to cover the paypal fee. $335 will be the final cost if you pay via paypal and Barrel camp fee is $5 so final cost to you will be $155. You can also pay by check and mail it to our office (address to the right).
Note about refunds: If you pay via PayPal and/or credit card and are eligible for a refund, we will deduct the PayPal fees from the final refund amount.
2019 Summer Camps
|Week||Camp Level (info)|
|May 28-30||Barrel Camp 8am-12noon $150|
|June 3-7||Beginner Camp|
|June 17-21||Beginner Camp|
|July 1-5||NO CAMP|
|July 1-3||June Camps Rain Make up Days|
|July 29-Aug 2||Beginner/Intermediate|
Please complete and return the application below with your $50 deposit. You may email the completed form to Amanda Gurley at firstname.lastname@example.org and make your deposit online through our PayPal link, or mail your forms to Old West Special Trails, Inc., 12280 Macon Rd., Collierville, TN 38017.
If you need financial assistance, please complete this form.
If you would like to sponsor a child for camp, please contact Debbie Cooley.
This camp will be for students who are new to horses or have some knowledge about riding. We will have enough workers to split this camp and have beginners working in one group and intermediate riders in another.
Intermediate/Advanced Camps & Barrel Camp
These camps are for the more experienced rider. In order to participate in Advanced Camp & Barrel Camp, you must be able to catch, groom, saddle, bridle, walk, trot and canter a horse without help.
Working & Volunteering at Camp
Old West is first and foremost a safe, family-friendly environment. We rely on both paid staff and volunteers. You must be at least 12 years old to volunteer at camp and 14 years old to be paid. Anyone who wishes to work or volunteer at summer camp must attend a workers’ meeting on May 19, 2019. Please fill out and mail or email the application below. All staff applications must be received by Ms Debbie before April 19, 2019.