Old West Special Trails, Inc., located in Eads, Tennessee, is a 94 acre, non-profit, full service equestrian facility dedicated to changing children’s lives, one ride at a time. Boarding, Western horseback riding lessons and summer horse camps are available. Our goal is to bridge the financial gap for children who have a desire to ride horses but cannot afford it. We also provide the opportunity for children who are at risk, economically disadvantaged or have special needs to participate in equine activities. The founders of Old West Special Trails, Inc., Danny and Debbie Cooley, have spent the past twenty-three years helping children’s dreams of equestrian achievements come true.
Our vision is that every child has the opportunity to know
and love a horse, without regard to financial, physical or mental restrictions.
Old West Special Trails, Inc. uses horses as a tool to improve children’s lives by providing them a safe, family-friendly ranch environment while learning horsemanship. Our organization is dedicated to providing all Memphis area children with the opportunity to interact and grow from an Old West horse experience.
A relationship with a horse helps teach a child responsibility, builds their self-confidence and enhances their self-esteem through their personal accomplishments.
- ATTENTION!! As of 5/25/2016 all Summer camps are full!
Contact Debbie Cooley at 901-490-5555 to be put on a waiting list.
- NEW! SPRING HORSE SHOW on April 2, 2016. Open Horse Show. Show begins at 11:00 am. Concession stand available. Negative coggins required. $5 entry fees. Jackpot barrels at the end of the show.
- OLD WEST SPECIAL TRAILS, INC.’S GRAND ENTRY TEAM PERFORMED AT THE DIXIE NATIONAL QUARTER HORSE SHOW, SOUTHERN CLASSIC - the largest show in the South and the third largest in the United States - in JACKSON, MS on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH, 2014. Our talented fourteen member team opened the FREE STYLE REINING CLASS - heralded as “the most crowd pleasing class that demonstrates the great physical ability of the American Quarter Horse’’ with an average audience of over 4,500. Click here to view Channel 5’s coverage of the team.
- Want to have a party or special event at the ranch? We'd love to have you! To schedule, please call us at 901-490-5555.
- MORE DANCES! Our fall fundraiser dance has been a huge success. Due to popular demand, we'll be hosting more of them throughout the year. If you enjoy line-dancing in a family-friendly environment, please join us! Check our Facebook page for the latest details.
Join Our Cause
Many of our children face challenges in their lives - physical, behavioral and economic. But on the back of a horse, poverty, blindness, Down’s syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Autism, Asperger’s, Cerebral Palsy and Muscular Dystrophy all fade away.
We know that anyone who ever had a horse or wanted a horse can remember that feeling. Old West Special Trails, Inc. relies on sponsorships, donations, special partners, volunteers, and gifts to make sure that resources are never the deciding factor for parents or families.
We hope you'll join us. See for yourself the joy a horse can bring to a child's eyes.
For more information about our services or how you can support Special Trails, please contact us using the information below.
Physical Address: 1656 Collierville-Arlington Rd
Mailing Address: 12280 Macon Rd - Collierville, TN 38017